02 Mar Construction Manager – Structural & Civils
MiCiM provide focused, end to end project management and construction delivery services, specialising in the Data Centre and Mission Critical sectors. We work with our clients to develop their best-in-class facilities in an open, honest and collaborative manner.
We are currently looking for a professional and approachable Construction Manager to manage the ongoing safe and efficient operation of critical infrastructure projects in the UK and Europe.
You may already be an experienced Construction Manager or a recent structural engineering graduate with some management experience. We are happy to provide training and development to someone who is looking to grow into the role.
- Working collaboratively with members of the site, logistics and contractor’s teams to implement the site plan, programme, processes and temporary works in order to ensure the site is run in a safe and efficient manner.
- Reporting and escalating any issues quickly to the Construction Lead.
- Overall responsibility for the day to day implementation of our Health, Safety & Environmental requirements
- Responsible for on-site or package contractors’ progress and programme
- Ensure production and implementation of package contractors Risk Assessments, Method Statements & Quality Control procedures, managing the quality of installation in the area assigned.
- Ensure environmental issues are controlled as agreed with the Local Authority and any Residents Associations. Act as Environmental Coordinator as required.
- Monthly review with the Programme and Project Manager of all aspects of the project, to assist the production of the monthly reports.
- Ensure good quality welfare facilities are provided and maintained for all on site.
- Control of drawings, technical submittals, benchmarks, and requests for information via the document control system, monitoring advising the rest of the construction team.
- Experience in site/contracts or construction management
- Previous exposure to civil engineering projects
- A Safe Pass holder
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland/UK
- Ideally Dublin based, but not essential if willing to travel
- A trained first aider would be an advantage
- Proven negotiation, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
We offer a collaborative and supportive environment, and our company benefits include:
- 24 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown
- Private healthcare – AVIVA
- Death in Service (4x salary)
- Pension (5% Employer, 3% Employee)
- Company laptop and phone with sim (reasonable personal usage allowed
- Subsidised gym membership
- Additional day annual leave per 2 years continuous employment (up to a maximum of 30 days
- Travel – 0.25p per mile & 4p per mile electric (excludes traveling to and from Head Office)
- Up to 2 days per year paid leave for volunteering of your choice
MiCiM recognise the lack of representation of minority groups in construction and the need for change to create equal opportunity for all individuals. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective. We know that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds strengthen our team, enabling us to deliver better results. We make our employment decisions based on, skills, competencies and experiences in relation to each role.
If you feel you have the experience required for this role, please apply today.