08 Feb 2nd Line IT Technician
MiCiM provide focused, end to end project management and construction delivery services, specialising in the Data Centre and Mission Critical sectors. We work with our clients to develop their best-in-class facilities in an open, honest and collaborative manner.
We are looking for a hands-on 2nd Line IT Technician to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis at our Reading head office. This would suit someone looking to own the IT function and develop a team as we continue to grow.
- Providing 1st & 2nd Line support to 70+ desktop users based at head office and across multiple sites in the UK & Europe.
- Responsible for infrastructure including the server environment, desktop applications, local & wider area networks, IT security and telecommunications.
- Managing the implementation of any new systems.
- Maintain, update and develop websites and intranet systems.
- Procurement of IT hardware, software and maintenance.
- Evaluating new technology and make recommendations for improvement.
- Occasional travel to sites in UK & Europe.
- Ideally 3+ years Technician experience and a good understanding of ITIL
- Experienced in WordPress and HTML/PHP development
- Demonstrable experience with the latest technologies including servers, backups, systems, networks, routers, switches, and firewalls
- Great communicator with a positive outlook & ability to work with all departments to implement desired objectives.
- High level of competence with all Microsoft office software.
- Commutable distance from Head Office in Reading.
We offer a friendly, collaborative environment and some great benefits including:
- 24 days holiday + Christmas shutdown
- Pension (Employer 5% / Employee 3%)
- Death is Service (4x annual salary)
- Perkbox (Discount portal)
- Subsidised gym membership
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave policies
- Additional day annual leave per 2 years continuous employment (up to a maximum of 30 days)
- Company laptop, phone and phone contract (reasonable personal usage)
- Up to 2 days per year paid leave for volunteering of your choice.
MiCiM recognise the lack of representation of minority groups in Construction, and the need for change to create equal opportunity for all individuals. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective. We know that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds strengthen our team, enabling us to deliver better results. We make our employment decisions based on, skills, competencies and experiences in relation to each role.
If you feel you have the experience required for this role, please apply today: firstname.lastname@example.org