30 Nov Planning Manager
MiCiM provide focused, end to end project management and construction delivery services, specialising in the Data Centre and Mission Critical sectors. We work with our clients to develop their best-in-class facilities in an open, honest and collaborative manner.
We are looking for an experienced Planning Manager to ensure the smooth running of large, complex critical infrastructure projects across the UK & Europe from bid stage through to completion.
Working with both Senior Management at Head Office and the project teams onsite, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the preparation and review of planning; recommending and implementing alternative solutions and undertaking research to support decision making.
- Ensuring processes reflect best practice industry standards and comply with legislation
- Identifying resource requirements; recruiting and developing junior planning staff, providing mentoring & coaching, and carrying out personal development plans.
- Agreeing the level of planning service with project teams.
- Investigating and reporting on possible innovation in construction and planning techniques
- Carrying out peer reviews and programme audits
- Reporting on audit findings and suggesting corrective action to manage risks
- Setting up protocols and managing supply chain programme production
- Change management: reviewing programme effect of changes and advising on EOT issues
- Ensuring proper integration of design and procurement elements of programmes with construction.
- Providing construction advice to key clients and consultants
- Providing planning input into prequalification process
- Producing integrated tender programme and method statement and presenting proposals to settlement meeting
- Adept in use of Project Management software eg Asta Powerproject, Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project
- Able to effectively manage meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- A strong communicator with the ability to negotiate with supply chain members regarding programme integration, construction innovation and alternative method
We offer an open, fair & supportive environment with plenty of progression opportunities and our company benefits include:
- 24 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown
- Additional day annual leave per 2 years employment (up to 30 days)
- Company Pension
- Private healthcare
- Bi-annual health assessments
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity policies
- Death in Service (4x salary)
- Perkbox (discount portal)
- Subsidised gym membership
- 2 days paid leave for volunteering of your choice
MiCiM recognise the lack of representation of minority groups in construction and the need for change to create equal opportunity for all individuals. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective. We know that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds strengthen our team, enabling us to deliver better results. We make our employment decisions based on, skills, competencies and experiences in relation to each role.
An application for a basic level DBS certificate maybe submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position, if required for the role. Further details will then be provided in the offer letter and contract of employment where a job offer is made to the successful candidate.
If you feel you have the experience required for this role, please apply today.