10 Jun Quantity Surveyor – Reading
MiCiM provide focused, end to end project management and construction delivery services, specialising in the Data Centre and Mission Critical sectors. We work with our clients to develop their best-in-class facilities in an open, honest and collaborative manner.
Are you an ambitious Quantity Surveyor with main contractor experience?
We are looking for talented Quantity Surveyors to join our Commercial team as we continue to grow.
Working closely with the Commercial Executive, you will be an integral part of our client facing team, ensuring challenging construction projects are effectively planned and delivered on time and to budget.
- Develop & maintain close working relationships with all Stakeholders
- Lead, mentor & develop junior members of the commercial team
- Operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering trade and subcontractors
- Preparation of indicative cost budgets & appraisals, and elemental cost plans
- Monitor and manage the Commercial element of the Document Control platform
- Provide advice and opinion in respect of client development plans and expectations
- Management of Change Control Process
- Maintain project trackers and issuing of daily updates
- Produce required information for project reporting
- Collate, audit and issue contractor payment applications and invoices
- Provide commercial support to the project team, PQS and Client as required
- Produce cost reports, cost forecasts, CVR’s and final accounts
- Promote commercial awareness throughout the project team
- Educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management
- Positive and pro-active, ideally with main Contractor experience
- Proven record of working on complex, challenging and diverse projects
- Commercially astute and keen to support the growth of the wider business
- Advanced Excel skills and strong knowledge of Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, & document sharing platforms
We offer the following benefits:
- 24 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown
- Additional day annual leave per 2 years continuous employment
- Private healthcare
- Death in Service (4x salary)
- Pension (5% Employer, 3% Employee)
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity policies
- Perkbox (discount portal)
- Subsidised gym membership
- Company laptop and phone with sim (reasonable personal usage allowed)
- Up to 2 days per year paid leave for volunteering of your choice
MiCiM recognise the lack of representation of minority groups in construction and the need for change to create equal opportunity for all individuals. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective. We know that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds strengthen our team, enabling us to deliver better results. We make our employment decisions based on, skills, competencies and experiences in relation to each role.
If you feel you have the experience required for this role, please apply today.