02 Mar Senior Logistics Manager
MiCiM provide focused, end to end project management and construction delivery services, specialising in the Data Centre and Mission Critical sectors. We work with our clients to develop their best-in-class facilities in an open, honest and collaborative manner.
We are looking for an experienced logistics manager to join our team in Dublin to ensure that the logistics plan is executed safely and to budget, allowing the successful and efficient delivery of a hyperscale data centre project.
Looking after all logistic processes on site, including waste management, traffic management, welfare facilities management to lifting operations, you will be responsible for:
- Keeping the project moving safely, efficiently and cost effectively, whilst optimising productivity
- Liaising with the Construction Manager & Project Manager to ensure they are fully aware of progress, monitoring Health & Safety and deliveries.
- Delivering solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service
- Planning, managing and evaluating all logistics operations (including Hazardous goods) liaising with internal managers, suppliers, logistics/warehouse providers, transportation companies
- Managing all health and safety, risk assessments and method statements related to the logistical undertaking
- Taking ownership of delivery of goods and checking materials are as specified and the amount purchased
- Keeping the operation within relevant transport legislation and regulation and ensure the appropriate persons are aware of any changes
- Resolving problems concerning transportation and logistics systems
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with all connected with the logistics process
- Managing the materials delivery process and materials arrival to site process including all off-loading, site lifting plans, large tool delivery set up, and the trade contractor approvals.
- Organising site inductions, ensure induction records are securely stored.
- Creating a schedule of logistics meetings and ensure logistics is represented at site meetings.
- Assisting in the evaluation of potential logistic suppliers and appropriate delivery management booking systems
- Experience delivering large logistics packages on major construction projects
- Ideally AP qualified for cranes
- Strong communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Full First Aid certification and a recognised form of health & safety training
MiCiM recognise the lack of representation of minority groups in construction and the need for change to create equal opportunity for all individuals. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective. We know that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds strengthen our team, enabling us to deliver better results. We make our employment decisions based on, skills, competencies and experiences in relation to each role.
If you feel you have the experience required for this role, please apply today: email@example.com