27 Feb Summer Internship – Commercial
MiCiM provide focused, end to end project management and construction delivery services, specialising in the Data Centre and Mission Critical sectors. We work with our clients to develop their best-in-class facilities in an open, honest and collaborative manner.
We are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor intern to join our growing commercial team for an 8-12 week summer placement. This would suit someone with excellent attention to detail looking to gain valuable experience in large, fast-paced projects.
Our summer placements are designed to give you a real introduction to the construction industry whilst developing valuable skills and experience to compliment your studies.
You’ll work on live projects and discover what a career at MiCiM can offer through a mixture of on-site and office-based experience across the Technical, Commercial & Construction Management teams.
You will be given the guidance and support you need to ensure you make the most of your time with us, and the opportunity to put what you have learned at university into practice.
Working with the existing team you will gain exposure to:
- Developing & maintaining close working relationships with all Stakeholders.
- Monitoring and management of the Commercial elements of the Document Control platform.
- Management of Change Control Process
- Issuing Instructions and Purchase Orders
- Maintaining project trackers and issuing of daily updates
- Producing required information for project reporting
- Collating, auditing and issuing Contractor Payment Applications and Invoices
- Providing commercial support to the project team and client as required
- We want to hear from enthusiastic, engaged students who are excited to learn!
- Currently studying towards quantity surveying/construction economics degree
- Strong excel skills
- Excellent record keeping and administration skills
- An analytical and logical approach to problem-solving
MiCiM recognise the lack of representation of minority groups in construction and the need for change to create equal opportunity for all individuals. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective. We know that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds strengthen our team, enabling us to deliver better results. We make our employment decisions based on, skills, competencies and experiences in relation to each role.
Our 8-12 week summer placements are designed to give you a real introduction to the industry whilst developing valuable skills and experience to compliment your studies.
This is a paid placement for 6 – 8 weeks, MiCiM pay the living wage for this internship, apply today via email to email@example.com, Application closing date: 31st May 2023