MiCiM completed a builders work enabling package within a Data Hall space in Slough. We managed the completion of decoration and raised flooring packages within a live building environment.
Within the data hall the works consisted of :
- Spraying the metallic ceiling black
- Removing existing ventilation grilles in the data hall walls and making the good ensuring the fire rating of the wall was maintained upon completion.
- Sand blasting the data hall floor to remove the existing floor paint and repairing a number holes in the concrete flooring in preparation for the new floor paint to be apply to dust seal the floor. Containing dust was fundamental during the sand blasting process to avoid contaminating the live data halls and corridors within the building.
- Sealing the data hall floor.
- Filling, sanding and painting the data hall walls
- Installing 600mm x 600mm raised access flooring within the data hall
Within the live services corridor the works consisted of :
- Filling, sanding and painting the corridor walls
- Temporary relocation of the existing leak detection tape from under the CHW pipework
- Removal of existing metal trim bunding enclosing the CHW pipework
- Repairing and filling the floor in preparation for the new floor seal to be applied
- Applying a waterproof paint to create a new bunding within the corridor and bring the bunding up the corridor walls to ensure any leaked water is contained within the corridor and cannot pass through the wall into the data halls.
- Reinstalling and commissioning the existing leak detection tape upon completion on bunding the corridor.
- Relocation a metal cat ladder to enable better access to the roof space.
- Installing 600mm x 600mm raised access flooring within the live services corridor